- This event has passed.
Truth Dialing; No More Intimidating, Sleazy, Pushy Sales Calls
January 29 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 pm
The old way of making sales calls doesn’t work. If you don’t want to feel like a sleazy telemarketer dealing with lots of rejection, there is a new way.
In this 30 minute e-Class you’ll learn how to:
- Set more appointments with better fit prospects using this integrity-based method
- Change the dynamic of the call in your opening sentence
- Successfully interact with the gate keeper
- Warm up your call and get a welcomed reception from your prospect
- Quickly build trust and have a transparent dialogue (no Jedi mind-tricks)
Chris Harris, Chief Refuser from RefuseOrdinary, will be sharing a 30 minute e-class with Will Turner and himself. Following the eclass Chris will be available in person for questions and answers. Chris works with revenue drivers so they can CRUSH their numbers, rock their productivity and all while making a meaningful difference.
9:30am – Check In and mingle
10:00am – 30 minute online eclass featuring Will Turner and Chris Harris from Refuse Ordinary
10:30am – 30 minutes question and answer session with Chris Harris.
What others are saying…
Well organized, easy to listen to, liked the length, covered the topic well. This reminded me to be mindful of no pressure sales language, which I can forget when excited or after doing so many calls. And to stop being lazy and saying, “Hi this is Jen Butler, how are you? ” right out the gate. I also liked the approach with the gatekeeper – of treating him/her just as you would the decision maker. So many sales ‘authorities’ talk about how to get around that person, which is so wrong. – Jen Butler, Core Marketing
More about Chris Harris
- Productivity guru & sales whisperer, speaker, and trainer for almost 20 years. In that span he has operated a leadership school, owned two consulting firms and launched a new business venture last year.
- Former clients include companies such as Altria, Patagonia, Capital One, and World Bank – Caribbean Division
- Created “ACE-25” (A one-on-one production coaching program, which yielded 166%* individual production growth in 60 days.) *Randstad USA
- Created “4 Ways To Shave 5 Hours Off Your Work Week” presented throughout the state of Virginia
- Co-Created “The Business Disruptors Series: What the best companies are doing and NOT doing to stay on top” (E-book, 2015)
- Co-Created “2017 SPECIAL REPORT: 5 Key Trends & Opportunities for Sales Growth” (E-book, 2017)
- Contributing Editor “The 7 Truths of Sales Leadership” (E-book, 2017)
- Co-wrote “Time Sucked! How to rock your productivity AND get your life back!” (E-book, 2013)
- Wrote over 250+ articles on productivity, time management, sales, and creating business systems that actually work, (RefuseOrdinary and other blogs, 2006 – present)
- Featured in the Richmond Times-Dispatch – “Time flies, but will it take you to your business destination?” (September 2014)
- Featured (…along with his awesome wife) in SUCCESS Magazine (May 2016)
- Frequently featured as a guest on News Radio WINA, FM 98.9 “Conversations With Wendy” in Charlottesville, VA (2016 – Present)
- Guest speaker at various venues though-out the Mid-Atlantic (2000 – Present)
- Ambassador Committee Member; Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance
- Former Advisory Board Member; Stratford University, Glen Allen, Virginia Campus
- Lives in New Kent, VA with his wife Amanda, daughter Logan and dogs Perrin and Rayna
Secret Superpower: Raising a 6 year-old while working from home
Registration is required for everyone.
W.A.M. Members cost is $20
Non-members cost is $40.
Stratford Students and Faculty can attend free.